The opportunity to participate in WMS Adventure CMEs is a benefit of membership. Click here to learn more about joining our efforts to encourage, foster, support and conduct activities to improve the scientific knowledge of the membership and general public in human health activities in a wilderness environment.
COVID-19 in-person event participant requirements/information
The WMS recognizes the importance of keeping our members safe during conferences and other in-person courses and gatherings. We accept that in the current endemic state of COVID no policy can 100% prevent any transmission of COVID. We trust that our members, medical professionals, are honest and promote the health of themselves and other members by following these guidelines.
- The WMS requires all eligible attendees to be fully vaccinated or if you are not vaccinated for any reason, you are required to wear a mask.
- The WMS requires all attendees to be able to show proof of a negative COVID test within 24 hours of the event. Home tests are acceptable. A photo of the test on your phone would be considered sufficient proof**.
- If you test positive, please contact the WMS, and do not attend the event in person.
- If you test positive, after 5 days you can re-test, and if negative with resolved symptoms join the activity.
- If still positive at 5 days, you may rejoin when you test negative or after a total of 10 days since the positive test.
- The WMS requires that you are free of any COVID symptoms prior to attending any in-person gathering.
- The WMS recognizes wearing masks can prevent the spread of COVID and encourages the use of masks when indoors and in close proximity to others.
The WMS allows individual programs to alter these requirements to be more restrictive based on the activity and/or prevalence COVID cases.
$6,000* per person USD, single occupancy
$5,750 per person USD, double occupancy
*All participants may have to share rooms/tents during the trek. Single occupancy cannot be guaranteed on the trail.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
If you cancel 60 days or more prior to the event, you will receive a full refund minus a $360 administrative fee. No refunds will be provided for cancellations after this date.
After you've registered, we'll need to get several things from you: